First month of summer semester is already gone. How did you enjoy it with our ESN section? We have prepared for you lot of funny and also interesting events and we are still preparing another ones! Trust us, you don´t want to miss it. So what did we do in February?
The most important event in February were Orientation Days. This event is the most important event for foreign students of whole semester. We organized Welcome Ceremony on 6th of February with important people from university, we introduced you our events for this semester and you could taste our delicious food at Welcome Raut and we all met also in Vrtule Club where took part Welcome Party. We went with you to the faculties on Wednesday and Thursday, some of them (like Faculty of Economics or Faculty of Civil Engineering or Faculty of Safety Engineering are not at the campus), we helped you to make your ISIC cards and also you could buy SIM card or ESNcard in our office.
On Wednesday we prepared for you also Sightseeing Game where you could get to know city center. We came up with interesting and funny tasks and we hope you enjoyed it and you know the city center better now! Another amazing event was Czech FILLUP. FILLUP means Free International Language Lesson Unity Programme and people from all over the world presents their countries, traditions, culture, you can also taste their food and drink. After that came Arabic, and Slovak and also Turkish FILLUP. How did you like it? We also made partnership with Entertainment Centre Horník and we prepared Laser Game event. You could try archery game too. People from our city are very proud of their DOV area so we took you there! It was amazing, wasn´t it?
And what we´re preparing for March?
- Spanish FILLUP. Come on guys, Spanish FILLUP will be organized after two years, it will be really good and we are looking forward to know more about Spain and another Spanish countries in Latin America! Be ready for it. On 8th of March at 18:00 in NA2!
- Slavic Party. The best party in the city. Polish mojito, Slavic squats, dance, dance, dance! It will be one of the best Friday nights ever! So come to Vrtule Club on 9th of March.
- Hiking trip to Mosty u Jablunkova. Fresh air is perfect for cleaning your head! Hiking trips are your favorite so don´t lay in beds and come with us on Sunday 10th of March!
- Ice skating is coming! Let´s go to say good bye to winter and skate with ESN on Tuesday 13th of March at 15:30! See you at Sareza Station.
- Romanian FILLUP is coming! Come to learn more about Romanian culture, traditions, to taste their drinks and food! Don´t forget, 14th of March at 18:00.
- We also prepared for you some weekend trips. One of them is trip to Krakow, one of the most beautiful Polish cities. Come to spend weekend with your international and ESN friends! On 16th – 18th March.
- Did you like our Laser Game event? We will organize tournament in Laser Game so don´t forget to register yourself and come to show us how you play this game! 19th of March.
- Poland again! If you have missed our nice trip to Krakow, it´s sad yeah, but our Polish friends will prepare for you their FILLUP and they will bring part of Poland here to Ostrava. So be on time and come on 20th of March.
You can find more information on our Facebook page and also in International students group. See you guys!